TLG Revegetation Project 2020
Tasman Landcare will supply 2000 trees (max. 200 per applicant) for suitable revegetation projects in the Tasman Catchment. This year we don't have funding to supply guards stakes and mats.
- enhancing/restoring native riparian vegetation
- create linkages to reserves and remnant vegetation
- extend and improve the condition of native vegetation
- plant a shelter belt
- control erosion
- rehabilitate and enhance vegetation impacted by fire
- improve native vegetation
- create wildlife habitat and corridors
- reduce erosion
- lock up carbon
Land owners are supplied with native plants local to the area up to 200. This year wed on't have funding for mats, guards and stakes. In return the land owner sets up any fencing required, plants all the trees and also maintains them into the future.
Many thanks go out to Dave and Zoe at Froghollow Nursery, Saltwater River, who grew the native plants for the Tasman Landcare Group and provide appropriate advice on species selection for the land owner.
Tasman Landcare Group run this program through various funding sources. We aim to keep this an open and accessible annual long term project. Initially starting as part of an Australian Government funded project, the group now applies for small grants when available and has been utilising their fund raising activities.