Manage Pasture and Improve Soils on the Tasman
Different pasture management techniques are being investigated throughout 2018 and 2019 aimed at either combatting local issues or varying normal practice to improve pasture establishment or production.
Trial sites have been established investigating:
- reducing the impact of red-headed cockchafer beetle larvae by heavy stock trampling
- the effect of low and high intensity grazing on pasture establishment
- the effect of different rates of lime application on pasture production
- pasture establishment on difficult soils
- the effect of soil inoculants on pasture